Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blackberry Bonanza

"OH EM GEE Blackberree!"

Wow, that was terrible...

Anyway, my kids and I found the most convenient, wasp free blackberry picking spot yesterday and in 20 mins collected about 5 cups of nummy berries!

Well well well... What a coincidence, I needed about 4 cups of blackberries to make that lovely fruit cobbler I made few weeks back.

Perfect! 

So here we go again with the simple pimple cobbler recipe.

FRUIT COBBLER



  • 4 cups Berries
  • 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour**
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 Cup butter, melted
In a 9×13 inch dish pour melted butter. Mix flour, milk, and sugar to make a smooth batter. Pour batter over melted butter. Put fruit on top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Let set 10 minutes before serving. Serves about 10. We didn't have any ice cream, boooo...., so we poured cream on top, still pretty delicious.
* if using fresh fruit, add extra sugar to the fruit, about 1/2 cup
** if using plain flour, add: 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt to the flour.

**TIP: Melt butter in dish whilst oven is preheating.**


My disaster...I cook like this all the time... Chef Ramsey would totally be swearing at me!




No comments:

Post a Comment