Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Peach Cobbler! (Originally Posted July 23, 2012)


PEACH COBBLER!!

So my girlfriend pinned this cobbler and I had to pin it and then HAD to make it once I saw how easy it was!
seriously
MAKE THIS COBBLER NOW! You could use anything. (Pears, Apples, Berries, Rhubarb...)
The hardest part was peeling the fresh peaches!
And no I didn't have self rising flour so I just made my own.
Also I used another poster's idea of melting the butter directly in the pan whilst the oven is Pre-Heating.
So here is the original link to the recipe:
http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2010/05/blog-revival-week-wednesday-miss-jeans-peach-cobbler/
Miss Jean’s Peach Cobbler
4 cups fresh peaches sliced* or 29 ounce can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1 1/2 cups self-rising flour**
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter, melted
In a 9×13 inch dish pour melted butter. Mix flour, milk, and sugar to make a smooth batter. Pour batter over melted butter. Put fruit on top, syrup and all. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Let set 10 minutes before serving. Serves about 10.
* if using fresh fruit, add extra sugar to the fruit, about 1/2 cup
** if using plain flour, add: 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt to the flour.
And here of course is my picture of mine (dotted with a few raspberries and a sprinkle of nutmeg):

No comments:

Post a Comment